As 2021 comes to a close, I would like to take a moment and give a very sincere "Thank You" to each of you. The hours spent making and stocking inventory as well as packaging orders every evening are worth it when we see the reviews you share (over 1,000 in 2021 with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating!).
2021 was a big year for us and a big year for our customers:
- We launched free shipping | In February, we launched free shipping on all orders in the US despite big risk (shipping is expensive!) for our tiny, mom-and-pops business. Beyond launching free shipping, we also did this without reducing our packing or shipping speed -- from order placement to your doorstep in an average of 3.1 days (including weekends and holidays).
- We launched phone support | In May, we launched a dedicated phone number for customer service. We're still a two-person team and I answer whenever I possibly can because I know it's nice to be able to speak to someone when needed (even if it is via a call back a few minutes later).
- We celebrated one year in business | On August 5th, we celebrated 1 year in business! Making it through our first year was a major milestone!!
- We launched support via text messaging | In addition to phone support, we launched text messaging for a more natural support channel for some customers. Text us your help requests, photos of your new plant babies, or just to say hi!
- We saw tremendous growth | Our Q4 business grew 88% year-over-year thanks to you! We've got a lot of stuff in the works for 2022, including several new products and some really exciting giveaways for Spring!
Mona's was started in 2020 as a hobby business by a couple who found joy in houseplants. This is still true today and will continue to be true in the future. Sincerely - thank you for being part of our journey.
Owner, Mona's Plants